Matthew J Perez
Main: Rust, Python, C, Bash, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Neo4j
Development Tools: Git, Docker, GitLabCI, GNU Debugger, Valgrind
Libraries/Frameworks: Clap, Axum, Tokio, Tracing, Serde, Tera, FastAPI, Pandas, gRPC
Cloud: EC2, S3, Lambda, Batch, Step Functions
Languages: English (Native), Spanish (Conversational), Japanese (Beginner)
Software Engineer – Automation & Tooling | Somos Internet
Medellín, Colombia (remote) Feb 2022 - Sep 2022
Rust, GitLabCI, Clap, Axum, Tokio, Tracing, Neo4j, Postgres
• Developed CLI tools to generate network device configurations and update data sources,
reducing technician deployment times by 375hrs/wk/city.
• Built a graph tool to monitor live network topology, automating network outage diagnostics.
• Implemented CD pipeline for containerizing services and deploying musl binaries.
• Implemented the CI pipeline and githooks to run tests, enforce styling, and audit dependencies
for Rust projects, streamlining the code review process.
Software Engineer (freelance) | ASIMETRIX SAS
Medellín, Colombia (remote) Jan 2021 - Sep 2021
Python, MongoDB, FastAPI, AWS, Grafana
• Developed a visual diagnostic and reporting tool for classifying IoT errors, converting a manual
• Designed and built a telemetry stack to ingest sensor data and operational metrics from in-field
embedded devices, reducing the a 30hr process (per batch) to a dynamic 30-second process.
• Built an ergonomic internal library for data scientists to access data sources in a consistent and
replicable manner, empowering users to extend the library’s functionality with core apis.
Network Engineer, Sergeant | UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
Okinawa, Japan Sep 2010 - Sep 2014
Cisco (IOS), Fortinet (Fortigate), General Dynamics (TACLANE)
- Trained and supervised 47 technicians.
- Engineering and supervisory roles in 13 military operations, spanning 8 countries.
- Configured network devices (routers, switches, firewalls) enabling communications during military operations.
Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, GA | Aug 2021 - Est 2024
MSc Computer Science | Specialization: Computing Systems
Temple University, Japan Campus Tokyo, JP | Jan 2015 - Aug 2018
BSc International Business | Capstone: Share Economy and Aging Markets